Friday, July 23, 2010

What kind of rash or infection do I have?

Around the base of my penis and the bottom of my ball sack I this dry, peeling, itching skin. It doesn’t itch until it gets warm in the area. So I itch it until all the dry skin goes away and then it starts burning. I want to know what I have and how can I treat it. I have tried Vaseline because I thought it was dry skin, but it didn’t work. I am currently trying Lotminin Ultra, because I thought it was jock itch, but it doesn’t seem to be working. Does anyone know?|||It does sound like jock itch. It takes severaldays of CONSISTENTLY applying the Ltrimin exactly as the directions say. If Lotrimin doesn't work, try Lamisil, it's a different drug.





Jock itch is the same thing that athlete's foot %26amp; ringworm are - a simple skin virus. It likes warm moist places. You may want to switch to boxers if you currently wear other types of underwear, as this will allow some"breathing" of the skin.





It's entirely possible that it could be eczema (persistent dry skin that is not curable, but treatable). If this is thecase, your doctor may tryyou with Ellidel - which works MIRACLES. I had a really bad case of eczema on my hands that I thought was ringworm %26amp; treated for months to no avail.





But yeah, you might wanna see a dr soon, just in case.





GL!|||I would get to a doctor soon.|||you have fungus (ie jock itch) go to the doctor, it sounds like you need something stronger than you can get over the counter...|||I recently had something very similar and thought many things that you are trying. I had to go to the Doctor to once and all find out. It turns out it was bacteria from sweating. You should get it checked out.|||Hi,





'Lotminin Ultra' is a Clotrimazole cream and is used for fungal infections.





If it has not responded to the cream it may be something different, a different fungal strain.





Candida Albicans, the same type of yeast that causes vaginal yeast infections, is the next probable cause.





Try to buy a cream or ointment that contains 'Miconazole'.





If this fails go to the doctors as it may be something more serious than a fungal infection and may require antibiotics.





Skip





PS


Jock Itch does not usually affect the ball sac or penis, it is usually just on the inner thighs.

No comments:

Post a Comment