Saturday, July 24, 2010

11 year old is constantly itchy?

my child seems to itch constantly, he has scratched his skin raw at times, I've tried lotions, body washed, powders, creams, everything that I can think of to stop dry skin, rashes, itchy skin, etc. Sometimes you can see little tiny bumps, like goosebumps, other times, you can see marks that look like bug bites, sometimes you don't see anything. I've bought epson salt for his bath, I've changed his diet and my laundry soap. He still scratches, it's driving ME crazy. What else do I try or does someone know what this might be? I am lost on this, I have run out of ideas.|||Heat rash.|||Take him to the doctor...he could be having an allergy to something (soap, detergent, food - even if you haven't changed to anything new, he made have developed an allergy to something he used to be able to tolerate).





Get him checked out...good luck!|||He may be suffering from scabies. It is better to show him to a doctor.|||Perhaps he's alergic to something in your house, try asking your doctor about it, it may be a type of exma in which case use emollient 50 or hydroquarterzone, but it's best to ask your doctor before using either of these. Hope this helps|||sound like hives (urticaria) I have this, read this article and then take him to the doctors. I hope this helps|||This happened to me last year, it drove me NUTS...





I would take him to the dermatologist, it sounds like he's having an allergic reaction, but once a reaction starts your skin sometimes becomes extra defensive about things and freaks out like crazy. That's why I had bumps sometimes, no bumps sometimes, and bite looking areas. My skin was doing different things and it just wouldn't stop.





Have you Benadryl, by mouth? Stop putting any cream or lotion, have him shower or bathe in warm water, not hot, and air-dry. Then try something like Benadryl or seek a doctor.





Good luck.|||I have a severe nickel allergy and only a few things work. Physician prescribed Triamcinolone, windex, and going to the tanning bed. The latter two seem unconventional, but i have been desperate and they work.|||It definitely sounds like an allergy to something...though it could be from a number of things! How about trying to get him to an allergist? That's the only way to really pin point what it is. This has been happening to me for years, i'm 23, and i personally have not gone to an allergist, but i can totally sympathize with him. Sometime i can't even stop myself and i'm an adult! The ONLY thing i find that soothes it is Benadryl Extra Strength Cream or taking an allregy pill. It could be from anything, it could just be an ingredient that is in a majority of certain products, such as laudry soap. Just because you tried a different product, doesn't mean that it doesn't have the same ingredient that he is allergic to...! It can be from a million things...regular soap/body wash, shampoo, conditioners, a pet you may have in the house, someones perfume or cologne that he is around on a regular basis, some kind of food allergy - the only way to really stop it from happening is to take him to an allergist. Otherwise, i'd recommend Johnson and Johnson 24 hour moisture lotion %26amp; Benadryl Extra Strength Cream...Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment