Saturday, July 24, 2010

How do you treat a rash from a reaction from wearing fake jewelry?

It all started with my ring that my BF got me that I used to wear on my wedding finger. I never ever took it off. When I started to gain weight, the ring became very tight. It was restricting the skin under the band. So it started out as just a dry patch of skin. Sometimes I put the ring back on and just wear it for a special occasion. That's what started to make it really bad. It now goes from my knuckle all the way down to the end of my finger (not the tip, the other way) It is starting to rap around my finger. It is also spread to the gaps of skin that is in between my pinky and middle finger.


My co-worker says sometimes if the jewelry is not real, you may develop a bacteria from the ring. A bad reaction. But who knows if she knows what she's talking about.


It's red with tiny little bumps all over. The bumps are irritating my skin and they sting. Sometimes they itch.


I have tried everything: different kinds of lotions, Neosporin, calamine lotion.|||I recommend you see a doctor. I am not a doctor, but I have heard that some metal may cause poisoning. The way you describe this, it seems much worse than a mere rash that would normally go away in time. So, don't wear this ring anymore! You could try cortisone. You can buy 1% cortisone over the counter.

No comments:

Post a Comment