Friday, July 23, 2010

My lil one has a rash around her neck. I think she has an allergy to Dreft..?

I know babies have sensitive skin as it is. I also have a skin issue with laundry detergent if the fragrence is too strong. It doesnt seem to be bothering her and she has a doctors appointment tommorrow for a well baby check-up.





Any other parents have this issue?


What can I use to help the redness go down?|||My son had the same problem. What I did was still using Dreft I just put all his stuff through another rinse cycle.|||if she's at a drooly stage, like teething, it could be caused by that. i stopped using dreft with my son and just used the all free, it has no dye and no fragrance|||I would use something fragrance free. Here's a good website where you can check out different laundry detergents for babies... http://www.diaperjungle.com/detergent-ch...


I have used Ecos Free %26amp; Cear Liquid Laundry Detergent and it is great.|||Don't use Dreft on baby clothes. It has perfume in it which can irritate their skin. Use a scent, dye and enzyme free detergent.





Here is a link about some good detergents to use:





http://www.pinstripesandpolkadots.com/de...





It is meant to help pick out a good detergent for cloth diapers, but the same detergents are perfect for all your baby's clothes and yours too for that matter!|||Dreft smells strong to me. I just use All unscented and I use an extra rinse cycle. The rash might also be a spit rash, or from soap, etc. as well, but I would ask the doctor tomorrow. Don't put anything on it.|||If she was allergic to the detergent, she would have rash all over body. She is probably teething. Is she drooling alot? The acidity of saliva will cause a rash when in contact with the skin for long periods of time. Wipe her mouth frequently and put some cornstarch powder in neck area to help keep dry.|||Try putting Aveeno Diaper Rash ointment or any other baby lotion with zinc oxide in it to protect the skin from wetness. It may also be a yeast infection - no big deal, yeast love warm moist areas, and you may need a doctor's prescription to clear it up. If it were a skin sensitivity issue, I would think she would have the rash everywhere the clothes touch. Be sure to clean well under her chin and neck - it's amazing how breast milk, formula, or food can hide in those sweet necks! Hope this helps.|||She proll is allergic to it just like my daughter is the other day she became red then all of a sudden there were Hives all over her body!!! and we had to go to the er|||Baby's have very sensative skin, it could be her drooling, or formula, or breaskmilk getting down there, when my daughter gets a red rash down there, I usually wipe her neck really well, and put some baby powder on my hand and put it on her neck, to help dry the skin out.|||Are you using fragrance free detergent on your own clothes too? When the baby lays her head on your shoulder, for example, she is touching the fabric with fragrance...

No comments:

Post a Comment