Friday, July 23, 2010

Could i have celiac disease?

i had this intenstinal problem that almost killed me when i was 3. i really dont remember too much about that (im going to find out more details from my parents) but my entire life, my stomach has always hurt, especially in the morning, to the point where i would get extremely nauseas, and that nausea problem has been this way for at least 3 years. I also had anemia about 2 yrs ago.





Recently, My....*cough* bowel movements have been weird and sort of fitting the description that i saw on this celiac disease website. I'm sort of freaking out cuz a lot of the symptoms, i recognize in myself. Like the weird itchy skin rash with open-like sores.


My parents dont have celiac disease...but idk what the hell could be wrong with me!|||Ditto. Gluten is mainly in four foods, wheat, oats, barley, and rye. Try taking these out of your diet for a week and see if you feel better. If you do, then learn to eat low gluten or gluten free. There is a celiac blood test, but the prob is that many people will test negative but still just not digest gluten well. That's where you need to say, "thank you, doctor..., " but use common sense; if you feel better when you don't eat gluten, who cares what the test says?


If you ball up a piece of bread, you'll notice it gets rubbery and sticks together. Corn, rice, potatoes, etc do not do this. This is because of the gluten in the bread. Well, what do you think gluten does in your stomach? It is like a rubbery ball. It is the most difficult vegetable protien for humans to digest. Some people don't make a lot of the enzyme that breaks this protien down, especially some white people. If you don't make a lot of this enzyme, you very well may test negative on a celiac test, but not feel well everytime you eat food with a lot of gluten. It's not a disease or a genetic defect, you just need to learn how to eat what's right for your body. Good luck.


PS. There are about a million other things that could cause stomach pains. If you make this diet change and feel little difference, scratch gluten off your list and keep looking.|||ew Report It
|||I'm no doctor - so I would suggest that you go see one over taking my advice. You could switch to a gluten free diet for a couple of weeks and see if you notice any changes. Keep a food log diary, and note down any pains, consistency of BM's etc.





I hope you feel better!

No comments:

Post a Comment