Friday, July 23, 2010

Rash on 2 year old daughter ?

It is skin colored and hard to see but it is rough to the touch it doesn't seem to bother her she has been to the doctor and he says it's dry skin and to you cortizone creme. the creme doesn't seem to help does anyone know what this is or what I can do to get rid of it ?|||OK. Pay attention to the foods she's eating. Dyes can do stuff like this. Also fruits and some veggies. If its all the time then maybe it's milk or soap/washing products. Believe it or not, bubble bath will do this. She may have extremely sensitive skin. I've been putting up with this all my life. I can't even wear lace without breaking out. Make sure all of her clothes are washed and then use a fabric softener to get the rest of the soap out of the clothes. As far as the rash itself? Treat it as an allergy. That's the best way. I would start with benadryl cream or aveeno lotions. They seem to be the best. There are some over the counter allergy meds for kids too but I'm not sure what age. I think it's 2 yrs. Also, don't overlook lotrimin. But this dries the skin out. My pediatrician told us to use it on diaper rash. It cleared within 3 applications. Try it on different spots. Hope any of this helps. If all else fails then take her to a dermatologist and get a second opinion. It's better than nothing or guessing. Good luck.|||you can take a hot bath but not to hot ..or put oatmeal in the tub|||talk to your doctor about it. tell him/her that the creme isnt working.|||maybe is like a skin parasite like chiggers?|||Try Eucerene skin cream. It's pretty expensive for a cream, but it works.|||eczema---try getting a prescription cream|||well, ask your doctor about Protopic and Quadriderm. my 2 year old also has the rash, on her face, because she kept blowing her nose when she was ill.


Cortizone didn't seem to help either.|||Where is the rash? It could be something called eczema. If it's at her waistline it could be from the brass on the jeans snap (if she wears jeans)...my grandaughter can't wear jeans because of that reason.|||Sounds like a case of exzema. You can also use a little baking powder, and take the sponge to the effected area. Scrub it gently and that should get it off. Another way is trying a sugar scrub, you and your daughter could pamper each other and get the ickies off her bottom.Hope this helped.|||DEAR


AFTER HER BATH USE BABY OIL ARE BABY LOITON ON IT SOMETHING LIKE THIS OK


TAKE CARE|||My daughter has this too and my doctor told me the same thing!! I have tried the eurician (sp?) lotion and it is smoothing her skin out. Also I have gone back to using the All laudnry detrgent for babies just to see if the laudry detergent is bothing it.|||My son had a rash and the docs said the same thing. After weeks and weeks of it not going away I got a new RX for Clotrimazole/Betameth Cream and the rash was gone in 24 hours. I have since used it on an occasional flare up. Also, my son has sensitive skin and the only products I can use on him are by Little Twig and they are all natural and organic. Kind of pricy but they work great, and smell great and prevent red marks on my sons skin so money well spent. The diaper cream is Fantastic and it got rid of sudden bad diaper rash in less than 24 hours. You can find it on this cute site Peanut Little www.peanutlittle.com.





Don't know if your daughter's rash is the same. I hope you this helps.|||your doctor is saying she has eczema and use the creme it might take a bit to work you can also use baby oil or aveno apply lotion all the time just keep it very moist and it will go away. or it could be a viral rash it just appears where ever when your child is trying to fight off a viral infection in her body. and viral infections you have to let it run its course.


the rash and eczema look alot alike hope this helps|||sounds like it might be eczema or dry skin, my daughter has it but it's red. also it could be an allergic reaction to something. does she go to daycare? that's how my daughter's eczema started, the stuff they use to wash their blankets makes her break out. good luck!|||Aveeno Soothing Relief baby cream worked for my baby's eczema. Maybe it will work for yours if it is eczema?|||it sounds like eczema, but go back to the doctor and tell them the creams not working. but in the mean time, try baby oil , rub it on her whilst she's still wet then let it soak in or try emulsifying cream to stop her skin being dry|||I would talk to your doctor again. I took my daughter into the er when she had a bad rash. They told me it was diaper rash. I just took her yesterday and they said it is a baterica infection.

No comments:

Post a Comment