Saturday, July 24, 2010

Nipple Rash?

I've been having itches around my nipples for 2 months now. The skin around it is dry and scaly and sometimes the itch goes away but comes back a few days later. There are also a few small red bumps around them.





Anyone knows of this condition?|||Ask your doctor for an Rx for Clobetasol Proprionate ointment, USP, 0.05%. It'll clear the problem up, and if you keep using it for 2 weeks after the last symptom, it won't come back. It comes in a 45 gram tube, and ask for the script to be for 2 tubes, just in case. (It's generic and cheap.)





It's prescriptive because you do NOT want to use it if you're pregnant or are planning to become pregnant, nor while you are breastfeeding.





This is a really sticky petrolatum ointment, so you probably want to cover the area with a couple of gauze 4x4s, so you don't mess up your clothes.|||I know I'm a guy so don't laugh. But I get the same dry skin condition in the winter quite often- try using Lever soap with vaseline lotion in it and lubriderm lotion after bathing- it helps.





I also find that if I go without an undershirt for a few days that helps the lotion soak in instead of getting picked up by my tshirt. A humidifier for your home/apartment will also help.|||haha..uhhh....i don't know|||It sounds like a yeast infection (yes you can get them on your breasts, also!). Your doctor can prescribe a medication called Nystatin. It is a liquid that you apply 2-3 times daily. It will help clear up the rash and the itching. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment