Friday, July 23, 2010

Klonopin vs. Avitan?

I had an allergic reaction (skin rash) after 3 weeks of Klonpin use for anxiety. My doc has now given my Avitan (just in case I need it). But I'm scared to take it. Does anyone know if I had a reaction to one - will I likely have it with the other?|||Try the ativan. It has a different makeup than Klonipin|||Consult your doctor immediately - it's possible that the Klonopin is interacting with something else you're taking over the counter or prescription.|||Klonopin and Ativan are two different drugs...You wouldn't necessarily have a reaction to one if you had a reaction to the other...The best thing to do would be to consult your doctor...|||Klonopin and Ativan are both in the same family of drugs called the benzodiazepines. If you experienced side effects to one benzodiazepine it is likely that you will experience the same side effects to another benzodiazepine. I recommend that you read this page for information on benzodiazepines http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzodiazep...

No comments:

Post a Comment