Friday, August 20, 2010

Treatment for Rash On Dog's Leg?

Our Keeshond, Chancey, gets red tender spots on the backs of his legs, and lower buttocks. My husband claims it clears up when he puts hand sanitizer on it. I think that must be way too strong. I am in favor of baby wipes, the kind for sensitive skin. The vet said not to put hydrocortisone on it.





Is this good, any other remedies?|||They make a nice anti-bacterial wash that you can buy from your vet that isn't too expensive. The liquid is clear blue and you can just dab it on a cotton ball or cotton pad and wipe the areas. I use this on my dogs and it works pretty well. Sorry but I don't know the name of the solution.|||Hand sanitizer is just alcohol. Is it a fungus of some sort that the alcohol is killing?

No comments:

Post a Comment