Monday, August 23, 2010

Severe swallowing problems and lupus?

My doctor thinks I may have lupus- I have had swallowing problems for 4 yrs, on and off clotting issues, migraines, hair loss, joint pain, extreme fatigue, skin rashes, cold spells, and "bulging eye". I'm down to 75 pounds and I can't eat normally- I have to chew my food and spit it out to avoid choking to death on every bite. I am not anorexic or bulimic- I'm always hungry !! I can't work or live a normal life and my doc has ordered blood tests (12 of them) that are all related to lupus) My mom had it and she also had one of the worst cases of R/A in the country.





Does anyone else have these symptoms? and how do you cope?





I'm 42 and hoping to reach 43.|||Hi, I'm a lupus patient and I know almost exactly what you're going through. I am so sorry!!I am also very sorry for your mom.





Are you seeking help through a Rheumatologist?





I am also very cold and have a hard time swallowing. For the longest time, they thought I had an eating disorder, too, until they found out that I am a Celiac patient - which is also an auto immune disorder. If you cannot chew, please find a way to drink some nutrition. You need to feed your body something or you really will not make it to 43. Know that you are cared about.





I am constantly in pain and it hurts to sit, stand and even lie down. Tired doesn't even begin to describe the fatigue. This, unfortunately, comes with the territory. Your doctor will have to help you address this. I pray that he/she can.





Lupus has many overlapping disorders. IF you do come back positive for lupus, please don't panic. Know that there are over a million people out there like you and I. Most probably many more that they haven't identified.





I know that you know the medicines have side effects and you already feel crappy. Stay out of the UV light, don't eat alfalfa, get rest, listen to your good Rheumatologist and read as much as you can on autoimmune disease.





We are here for you...please don't hesitate to write.





We take one day at a time and it hurts and we struggle, but laugh, cry and talk and write each other through it all.





Good luck and take care. We wish you the best for you and your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment