Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A rash right by my beltline??

when i wear my belt, it starts to itch. its red with small scabs on it because i itch it a lot and it's only itchy when i wear my belt. there is also one on my hip from my belt buckle i guess. my other friends who also have similar belts get it too. i dont know what it is. is it an allergic reaction? or is it from the belt rubbing off from my skin?|||Could an allergic reaction or you could simply just be wearing the belt too tight for too long.|||I am the same. It is an allergy. I am not sure of the name, but it is from a certain type of metal. I think it may be nickel, as it is common for skin allergys. I also get it from metal buttons and cheap jewellery. If you are allergic to nickel, make sure you only wear silver, gold, surgical steel, titanium (good quality) body piercing jewellery (if you have piercings). I have worn cheap earings before and my whole ears went ***** and scabby. So gross. If you get an allergy from a button, like on the inside of a pair of jeans, paint the back of the button with nailpolish or put a plaster of it. It will act as a barrier between your skin.|||yup, sounds like nickel allergy. It's incredibly common, and worth noting that many people who are allergic to nickel are also allergic to colbolt, which can also be found in some metals, but also in many paints.


hydrocortisone cream should clear it up. Avoid skin contact with cheap jewellery, but beware that some more expensive jewellery like white gold, can also contain nickel.


Apart from being horribly itchy, the sores can also scar, so don't take it too lightly!


And the most important thing is to find a boyfriend whose rich so can afford to buy you decent jewellery!

No comments:

Post a Comment