Friday, August 20, 2010

Help! I have rash everywhere..and it keeps spreading! I'm pregnant, what medicine can I take?

I usually get this skin condition at least once a year. My dermatologist usually prescribes me some corticosteroids for it since i cant put anything topical since it's everywhere. It's on my neck, face, ears, arms, hands and legs. I use aquarphor EVERYDAY morning and night right after showers. It's just getting worse. I try not to scratch it, but it gets really itchy. I left a message for my OB Gyn, but she probably wont get back to me until tomorrow. I wanna konw if there's anything i can do until then. What is safe to ingest? I konw i can take Benadryl, and it's safe to take while pregnant, but will it work? Thanks so much for your help!!|||Wait --- if the rash is everywhere, just where is it spreading to? Like, the walls?|||Hi! I suggest you try something topical like hydro cream 1% to help relieve your symptoms until you here back from you ob.|||Yes, you can take Benadryl, and as far as it working, when yo are not pregnant does it work? Benadryl might only get rid of the itching, and not the redness, but if that works until you can get in to see your OB Gyn, then it has worked wonders. Just remember not to over take the prescribed amount. Good luck|||I'd have to say it is not worth taking anything whilst you are pregnant. You really can't tell what effect it may have on your baby.





Often symptoms of illnesses can get worse during pregnancy, (or better), so I'd would advise you to grin and bear it. There are not many preparations that are safe in pregnancy.





I know it's hard for you but I think it would be best.





Best wishes|||Call your OB AGAIN and say it's urgent. They do have answering services.


Never use any kind of meds with out your


doctor's OK. The results could be very bad.|||Gold Bond Lotion. (topical)


That should relieve the itch, until you can see you doctor.


Take care of your unborn baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment