Friday, August 20, 2010

Skin irritated by beard?

My wife is attracted to my goatee, so I grow it out for her. After about 3 months or so with my beard, I get a rash that itches and flakes like dandruff. My wife bought this girly pore cleanser stuff, and when I put that on it stops the itching for a few days, but it comes back. I shave the beard and the rash goes away. This started about a year ago and happens everytime I grow my beard out. Whats wrong with me?|||The same thng happens to me. Keep in mind that when you shave, you are also removing dirt, oils, and dead skin build-up as well as a very fine portion of the outermost layer of skin in addition to your beard. That's why you get that "baby-smooth" skin feeling.





When your not shaving, things tend to build up. Not necessarily dirt and oil, but dead skin. Also your skin is used to having portions of it removed every time you shave, therefore it grows at an accelerated rate to compensate. Otherwise we all would have no skin left on our faces. This is one of the reasons you are going through what you are.





I could go into about 3 other things are building up on your face because of you not shaving that portion of you face, however lets just cut to a remedy. Mine started after 2 months. My doctor recommended some fancy cleansers to relieve the situation. However you can get the same type from Neutrogena. Use a cleansing pad to scrub your face daily and it should make all the bad go away.





I too used a pore cleanser and it did exactly what it did for you, work only for a little while.|||Nothing, just try tea tree oil.|||When my hubby keeps a goatee, when he is in the shower, washing his beard, he also uses a little hair conditioner. It softens up the skin under the goatee/beard. My dad did that also when he would row his beard for the winter.|||You my dear may very well have exzema on your face. my husband gets it when his beard grows as well. don't use her pore cleansers, its not your pores. see a dermatologist and use razors and cleansers for sensitive skin. take care|||this once happened to me (but i didnt have a beard lol) and whenever i shaved it went away, try ringing a chemist|||May be you get infected with Phthirus pubis or pubic lice that infest the hair in the pubic area. They can also infest other body hair, but they prefer the pubic region. Although pubic lice infestation, called Pediculosis, is considered a sexually transmitted disease, it can be contracted in any ways. The presence of pubic lice is heralded by moderate to severe itching in the area covered by pubic hair. This itch is frequently worse at night. Because the crab louse requires human blood to survive, it buries its head inside a pubic hair follicle. It excretes a substance into the skin that causes the itching.


Sometimes the bite can cause an inflammatory skin reaction that is bluish gray in color. Although the lice do not cause a rash, the constant scratching and digging can cause the skin to become raw, and secondary infections may develop.


On close inspection, adult lice (1.2 mm in diameter) may be seen. A magnifying glass makes the lice more easily visible, and will show the small egg sacs or "nits" that are attached to the pubic hairs, usually at the base. In many cases, adult lice may only be seen in the seams of clothing.|||check the type of soap you are using and on the same but different note,make sure to wash or just rinse your facial hair after eating or after drinking anything other tan water,either of theses could cause your condition,to strong asoap and or too much washing or,not enough washing.|||if u want information about skin http://www.skincarefairy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment