Friday, August 20, 2010

Skin iritation around babys neck?

i breast feed my 13 week old daugher and when she gets her daily bath i try my best to clean in the creases of her neck- recently i noticed creamy milk i guess in there and i wiped it out with a sensitive wipe and she startd bleeding a little! i putsome a and d on and ive been wiping her more often during the day, but now she developing a horrible rash all around her neck n up the back of her head... i dont know what to think or do. i used disney natural care eczema cream on a previous rash on her face... i just dont want it to get worse and its really hard to get under there shes very defiant! i feel like i am hurting her n she squirms so much... any advie? thanks!|||Stop using lotions or any patroleum jelly!!!!!!!!!!





It's perfectly normal. Just keep the area as dry as you can. Use a small amount of cornstarch baby powder if you like or use a little bit of diaper cream with zinc oxide.





It's probably a combination of heat rash and trapped moisture/sweat. Make sure she's not overheated. Let her hang out in her diaper if it's possible and she won't get too cold. Just keep the area dry with a clean cotton, lint free cloth.|||talk to her pediatrician.. it might not be nothing serious... maybe just the weather and the milk dripping on her neck from feeding... but I'm sure you would be better off going to a professional.. and don't use anymore cremes she can probably be allergic and you are just making it worse...|||Do not use baby wipes to clean her neck. THey have alcohol and can be very irritating. just wet a cotton ball and wipe gently. Im sure it started bleeding because the skin is very thin on that pert of the body.





Babies that age only need a bath about 1-2 times a week. Their skin is too sensitive to bathe daily. Just a good wipe off with water should work.





I would not add anymore creams withour having her checked by her dr. first.





Good luck and Congrats on the new bambino!!|||When you do clean it, make sure that she is laying down first and then put your fingers on her cheeks or on her jaw bone and lift her head up with your thumb on her right cheek and the rest of your fingers on her left cheek. I know it may seem like you're hurting her but really you're not. It's just a position that they dislike. Unfortunately I'm not sure what the rash is from but I don't think that it's a sweat rash or from the milk accumulating there, because it shouldn't be going up the back of her head like that. All I can suggest is to take her to the doctor. Use ONLY a wash cloth in lukewarm water to clean the area and make sure to dry it thoroughly.|||maybe try some baby sorbiline the same thing happened to my baby on the legs... i used sorbiline (baby) and it cleared up in days... if not maybe take ur bub to a dermatoligest could be anything from eczema or even use a no deoderant baby wash?|||My three month old is prone to that too. I use Alpha Keri oil (baby moisturising bath oil) in the bath, and I will lather up my hands with baby bath (Johnson and Johnson moisturising bath for sensitive skin) and use my fingers to clean out the creases in the neck. In the bath, I'll turn her over on to her stomach and hold her face clear of the water with a couple of fingers under her chin, and my other hand under her stomach to hold her steady. That brings her chin up so I can get right under into the creases of her neck. While she's sitting up in the bath I can get to the back of her neck, and the sides I just have to clean out with my fingers. After her bath I'll pat dry as well as I can, sometimes I use a hair dryer on a very low setting to get it really dry, then I'll slather some sudocreme on her neck. It's usually better by the next day.





It's possible that your daughter has either had a reaction to the baby wipes used to clean it up, or has developed thrush in the affected area, so it might be a good idea to take her in to the doctor and get it checked over.

No comments:

Post a Comment