Friday, August 20, 2010

I get a rash from the cold...please help?

Exposed areas of my skin form what looks like mosquito bites that are rather itchy. Disappears when the area warms up again|||This sounds like cold urticaria. Urticaria is essentially a rash or hives that appear because of various reasons. Cold temperature is one reason. Other reasons are heat and pressure.|||idk|||Try a moisturiser that acts as a BARRIER cream as well - you can get one at any pharmacy or chemist, this will protect your skin from the elements,


Good luck :-)|||just keep those areas moisturized. domt scratch tht could crack and tear open yer skin|||That is eczema.


read- http://www.doctorgoodskin.com/ds/eczema/|||Living in severe winters back east in Connecticut, I would walk my dogs in the snow, but beforehand put petroleum jelly on my face as a mask, just a little, not cake it on. It always helped protect my skin. I would wash it off later after I warmed up. If you need something to protect your skin while going to work, you need a very rich moisturizing cream before putting your base make up on. There are many varieties out there obtain at any apothecary or department store.

No comments:

Post a Comment