Monday, August 23, 2010

My daughters skin is a little dry i tried Johnson's?

and she got a rash tried a sensertive lotion from boots and she got a rash with that.Any ideas for somthing i can use thanks xx|||Sudocrem is really good on rashes and dry skin, or E45 cream|||my boy has excema and his skin was very dry too - i used QV Wash and it helped. Another thing that helped was using OMO Sensitive washing powder on the clothes as it has less additives, and avoid using the tumble drier for her clothes. Sunlight is the best.|||try a sorbelene cream. You can also use it in her bath instead of soap.|||My daughters skin is sensitive too and she used to get a rash with Johnsons products. Try baby oil when she's just come out of the bath. If applied while the skin is still wet it seals all the moisture in. I found this worked, hope this helps.





Or maybe try Oilatum in the bath?|||Try olive oil , just a little though.|||my daughter used to get rash with johnsons too. I used Lipikar as a wash and a lotion and it works really well|||Hi i cant use any johnsons products on my baby i found that infacare was the best smells lovely too try it it works|||My 18month old has always had really dry skin, sometimes flaring into ecsma that hangs around for months.





I don't use any johnsons stuff, even their sensitivfe stuff doesn't work. I don't use any soap in the bath, just letting here soak in water gets her very clean.





My GP precribes her E45 emoliant cream. Not the E45 lotion in a little bottle, but the thick stuff in a tub with a pump. I put it on her twice a day, and it does the trick. You don't need a prescription for it, but it costs £7 - £9 over the counter if you pay for it.





A little secret, I have started using a tiny dab of the stuff on my face instead of my £30 moisturisers, and it works brilliantly.|||As a mum and aromatherapist I would recommend Jojoba oil It is expensive but so worth it .Brilliant for baby massage .. Can you get Pawpaw ointment where you are ?...an Aussie product... its a good barrier also . Its always good to keep away from products derived from mineral oils especially for babies lots of people have a sensitivity to petrochemicals


A European product that is baby friendly is a cream called Camoderm I think its german ...Weleda also have very gentle products for mothers and babies.. A bit of a range for you to choose from!!!!|||I am from India, would like to suggest you one Indian procedure for that. As the child is very small it is even prescribed and suggested by Doc.s that she should be given massage at least 2-3 times a day till the age of 2 yrs. It makes the bone and muscles strong and gives extra relief to the children to have sound sleep. Thus prevents your child from developing irritating habits.


Take 50gm of mustard oil and heat it in a small container to fumes and add few garlic cloves and allow it to cool. If you are from western country you can add small amount of azwaine(hindi name) to it while heating.


This oil could be used to massage the small child and after massage give her bath using soft baby soap. Make her dry and use baby powder and other cosmetic's that you use for the child and breast feed her to have a sound sleep.


Note: You have to take more careful of yourself as you are breast feeding the child, any ill health of you would pass on to the baby.|||E45 or aquious (sorry spelling) cream is great there are not as much chemicals in them.|||she could be allergic to a chemical in all those things ask her ped; or try aveno oatmeal bath we use that in my home for my little one who has dry skin also|||Alas, we are exposing our children to too many chemicals too early in their lives. Try not to use any lotions, preparations for the first 12 months. Research has shown that in some cases, too early exposure to such substances can make them develop allergies immediately or later in life.


Use water to wash and dry thoroughly and try not to wrap her up too tightly, too much. Clothes can cause friction and retain damp leading to rashes. Let her romp occasionally 'au naturale' and her natural oils and fresh air should dry out the rashes. As long as they are not infected, they will heal. If they are, see your GP. Don't over medicate when they are very young.|||Avon's Silicone Glove works GREAT|||try plain vaseline (not the baby kind, it is scented). My daughter gets dry patches during the winter that look like painful to me! But she is only two and doesn't seem to notice them. Anyhow, I put a small amount of vaseline or other mineral ointment and that always relieves the redness and within a few days will clear the spot.





Also, put oatmeal in the tub water, or find a baby wash that she is comfortable with that contains oatmeal. Johnson's and Aveno both make on that works well for my girls.





best to you and your daughter!|||AVEENO, you can get creams, lotions, bath oil, it is available over the counter, but i went to the doctors and now i get them on prescription, my daughter suffers from dry skin and eczema, we tried many different moisturisers but this has proved to be the best by far.|||go see your health visitor and ask for aqeous cream it works a treat|||AQUEOUS CREAM


It is water based and you just apply all over and can use it in the bath.|||Seems like she has very sensitive skin and would be better of with something prescribed by your GP or HV. There is no point in trying other of the shelf creams as they most likely have similar ingrediants.





Either that or good old olive oil!! Messy but works a treat!|||my daughter has eczma I use the simple range plus aquos cream which can be used in the bath or just as a cream if it is bad I would take to your docters who will give you medicated stuff but I would stop using all johnsons products|||my baby was born 10 days late and she had very dry patches of skin. my midwife and health visitor said to use a tiny bit of olive oil, leave on for an hour or two then give your baby her normal bath. my baby's skin was beautiful after a week. might take longer though if baby's skin is really bad. good luck! : )|||Sudocrem, olive oil or almond oil work a treat :)|||hi i agree with lorraine d, my little one use to have dry patches as a baby and the doctor prescribed AQUEOS cream it comes in a huge tub and worked wonders on my daughter, like i said the doctor can prescribe it or boots sell it also, hope it helps, bc|||oilatum bath oil and aveeno cream. both my kids had seriously bad skin. these two products used every day cleared them up quickly and you can get them on prescription or over the counter.|||silkcocks base is fantastic,thers nothing in it,its a base for creams but ill guarentee youll swear by it,great 4 nappy rash 2,youll get it in the chemist and its cheap as well,hope that helps

No comments:

Post a Comment