Monday, November 21, 2011

Can cedar tree leaves cause a rash like poison ivy?

i was cutting my cedar tree and the leaves got on my skin and now i am broke out like poison ivy and it itches. can someone help me? do ineed a doctor?|||Yeah that happened to me also.





Cedar has these tiny little needles that get in the skin causing inflammation and redness (you can see them if you look carefully). Except if you have evidence of infection (pus, ect), I dont think you need a doctor. It IS itchy %26amp; annoying, but it will sort itself out.





Now I wear gloves when messing around with cedar ! ;-)|||It sounds like you may be allergic to that particular tree. It is common, as I am allergic to pecan trees. Just put some calimine (that is spelt very wrong, but it sounds right!), on it, and don't let it come in contact with any other part of your skin, or it will spread. If it is a serious rash, like, if it spread a lot or is an odd color, than you should see a doctor to get some antibiotics. Carpe Diem!

No comments:

Post a Comment